FACS High School Scholarships
FACS is offering High School Scholarships to help students enrolled in education or training to complete their studies. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 to help with school expenses.
Applications open at 9am on Monday 16 January 2017 and close at 7pm on Friday 24 February 2017.
Through the scholarships program, students can use the funds to purchase items like course materials and equipment, or to pay for excursions and tutoring, so they don’t miss out on educational opportunities.
Scholarships are open to those receiving housing assistance from Family and Community Services, community housing providers or Aboriginal housing. This also includes students:
- on the social housing waiting list
- in Out of Home Care – currently under the care of the Minister
- in public, community or Aboriginal housing
- in transitional or crisis accommodation or receiving supported accommodation through a specialist homelessness service
- receiving private rental assistance, such as a private rental subsidy, bond loan or tenancy guarantee.