Harvard Club of Australia Education Scholarship & Teachers Mutual Bank Harvard Club of Australia Education Scholarship
The Public Education Foundation’s Harvard Club of Australia Education Scholarship provides scholarships for Principals of government primary and secondary schools to undertake a short professional education program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education in the USA. The Scholarship provides a successful applicant with the opportunity to ‘reflect, refocus and recharge’ through a professional education program tailor-made for school Principals.
We are grateful to our generous sponsors for supporting these scholarships; the Harvard Club of Australia and Teachers Mutual Bank.
Each scholarship is valued at approximately $14,000 and includes:
- All tuition fees for one of two Harvard Graduate School of Education programs – either ‘Improving Schools: The Art of Leadership’ or ‘Leadership: An Evolving Vision’;
- Return airfares and
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
Before applying for this scholarship, please ensure that you read the Scholarships & Awards Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible for the Harvard Club of Australia Education Scholarship you must:
- Be a current Principal in a government primary or secondary school in Australia;
- Be a mid-career Principal. Eligible applicants will have served as a Principal in a government primary or secondary school in Australia for between three and ten years;
- Be committed to continue as a Principal in the government school system for at least another five years;
- Be available to share your learnings and act as an Ambassador for the Public Education Foundation and the Teacher’s Mutual Bank (if applicable) on return.
Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
Evidence of significant ability as a school leader, commitment to public education and capacity for leadership into the future;
Evidence of a candidate’s enthusiasm for furthering their own professional development and education;
- Evidence of understanding of ways in which learnings from the course can be shared with colleagues;
- Other personal qualities and personal circumstances that would enhance the candidate’s suitability for a Harvard Club of Australia Education Scholarship.
A selection panel will review all Scholarship applications according to the criteria set out in the Application Form. The selection panel will include a representative of the Public Education Foundation, the Harvard Club of Australia, Teachers Mutual Bank and a serving public school Principal. After considering all applications, the selection panel will make recommendations to the Board of the Public Education Foundation for approval.
Please note: The Selection Panel may invite a number of applicants for interview before making its final decision.
How do I apply for the Scholarship?
Principals should apply using online portal: https://pef.fluidreview.com
The process will require you to:
- Complete a short application form;
- Complete a series of short-answer questions about your school, challenges and achievements and how you would share your learnings with your colleagues and community;
- Request references from two referees – your first referee must be from the education sector, for example your supervisor or area director. The second referee is a ‘community referee’, for example your local Member of Parliament, local PCYC Director or Rotary Club President;
- Attach a copy of your CV, complete with your educational qualifications, your employment and teaching history and information about any extra-curricular activities you have undertaken as part of your schooling duties.
How do I submit my application form?
The Public Education Foundation will only be accepting applications submitted online. You can sign up for access to our online application system by visiting: https://pef.fluidreview.com
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 27 February, 2017.