Teachers Mutual Bank Executive Leadership Scholarship
The Public Education Foundation’s Teachers Mutual Bank Executive Leadership Scholarship provides a scholarship for Senior Education Executives to undertake a short professional leadership program at Harvard Kennedy School in the USA. The Scholarship provides a successful applicant with the opportunity to explore modes of collaborative working and to identify opportunities for innovative leadership.
We are grateful to our generous sponsor Teachers Mutual Bank for supporting this scholarship.
Each Scholarship is valued at $16,000 and includes:
- All tuition fees for either:
- Creative Collaborative Solutions: Innovations in Governance
- Driving Government Performance: Leadership Strategies that Produce Results
- Leadership Decision Making: Optimising Organisational Performance
- Leadership in the 21st Century: Chaos, Conflict and Courage
- Travel insurance
- Return airfares and
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
Before applying for this scholarship, please ensure that you read the Scholarships & Awards Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible for the Teachers Mutual Bank Executive Leadership Scholarship you must:
- Be a current Director or Executive Director (or equivalent) in a State or Federal Department of Education;
- Be committed to continue in the public education sector for at least the next 5 years;
- Be available to share your learnings and act as an Ambassador for the Public Education Foundation and the Teachers Mutual Bank upon your return.
Please note: Scholarship recipients are responsible for obtaining the consent of their employer prior to accepting this award and prior to travel.
- Evidence of significant ability as a leader, commitment to public education and capacity for leadership into the future;
- Evidence of a candidate’s enthusiasm for furthering their own professional development and education;
- Other personal qualities and personal circumstances that would enhance the candidate’s suitability for a Teachers Mutual Bank Executive Leadership Scholarship.
A selection panel will review all Scholarship applications according to the criteria set out in the Application Form. The selection panel will include a representative of the Public Education Foundation, Teachers Mutual Bank and additional representatives as required. After considering all applications, the selection panel will make recommendations to the Board of the Public Education Foundation for approval.
Please note: The Selection Panel may invite a number of applicants for interview before making its final decision.
How do I apply for the Scholarship?
Principals should apply using online portal: https://pef.fluidreview.com
The process will require you to:
- Complete a short application form;
- Complete a statement (maximum 400) on Current Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a statement (maximum 400) on Strategic Challenges
- Complete a statement (maximum 400) on Career Goals
- Complete a statement (maximum 400) on your Professional Training to date
- Name and contact details of your two referees – your first referee must be from the education sector, for example your supervisor or area director. The second referee is a ‘community referee’, for example your local Member of Parliament, local PCYC Director or Rotary Club President;
- Provide a copy of your CV, complete with your qualifications and your employment history.
How do I submit my application form?
The Public Education Foundation will only be accepting applications submitted online. You can sign up for access to our online application system by visiting: https://pef.fluidreview.com
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 27 February, 2017.