I support public education and believe education has the power to change lives.
The Public Education Foundation is a not for profit organisation dedicated to providing life changing scholarships to young people in public education, as well as their teachers and principals. The Foundation works in collaboration with schools, communities, business and government to help students achieve their full potential, while enhancing the value and reputation of public schools.
Donating to public education can be a complicated process and in most cases donations to public schools are not eligible for tax deductions. The Public Education Foundation’s Scholarship Fund provides a tax deductible way to support public school communities.
The Public Education Foundation doesn’t exist to do the job of government and fund core subjects, but to support students with particular educational needs or talents – students who without extra help, will struggle to reach their full potential. We focus on removing the barriers to achievement created by social and economic disadvantage, and on acknowledging and rewarding excellence.
We also support teachers, principals and parents in our public schools. We provide scholarships for teachers and principals so they can access the very best professional development on offer at universities around the world. We also provide a ‘Public School Parent of the Year’ Award to acknowledge the enormous volunteer effort made by parents in our public schools.
At the Foundation we believe education has the power to change lives. Helping young people in public education is one of the best investments society can make.
What we do:
- Provide both equity and excellence scholarships for students in public education;
- Provide professional learning and leadership scholarships for teachers and principals in public education;
- Provide grant funding for arts programs in schools, through the Arts Education Foundation Trust;
- Enhance the value and reputation of public education by celebrating excellence through an annual Public Education Foundation Awards night and other activities;
- Provide a tax deductible fund for corporate and community contributions to public education.
Who We Are
The Public Education Foundation is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, with wide ranging experience across many fields. We are further supported by our Public Education Foundation Ambassadors.
The Public Education Foundation utilises expert advisors through advisory committee structures to assist in the design and delivery of our programs. PEF is very grateful for the time and expertise provided so freely by our Ambassadors.
- Ms Bronywn Bancroft, Aboriginal Artist and Designer
- Mr Jonathan Biggins, Actor
- Ms Angela Catterns AM, Broadcaster
- Mr John Dauth AO LVO, Former Australian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom
- Ms Dianne Giblin AM, CEO, Australian Council of State School Organisations
- Ms Nahid Karimi, Student
- The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG, Former Justice of the High Court of Australia
- Ms Sam Mostyn, Company Director
- Ms Ann Sherry AO, CEO Carnival Australia
- Prof Fred Watson AM, Astronomer-in-Charge of the Australian Astronomical Observatory
- Mr Kim Williams AM, Australian Media Executive and Composer
CONSTITUTION OF PUBLIC EDUCATION FOUNDATION
PUBLIC EDUCATION GOVERNANCE CHARTER