The Public Education Foundation offers several opportunities for primary-school aged students. These include:
- The Vorsay Scholarship
- The NSW Teachers Federation Primary Scholarship
- The Public Education Foundation Primary Scholarship
Each of these scholarships provide support and encouragement for a public primary school student entering Year 2 in 2018, throughout their time at primary school. Please use the Vorsay Scholarship online application form to apply and your submission will be considered for all three scholarships.
A bursary amount of $1,000 per year will be paid to one successful applicant for each year of their primary schooling, Years 2-6 (total amount $5,000). Consideration will be given to applicants who can display potential to thrive in the primary school environment and who would benefit from additional financial support.
The scholarship funds are intended to be spent on items including:
- Uniform costs
- Literacy and/or numeracy support
- Excursion costs
- Technology and equipment
If the student leaves public school before the end of primary school, the scholarship will lapse. Any unspent monies at the end of the scholarship period must be refunded to the Public Education Foundation scholarship fund.
Before applying for this scholarship, click here to read the scholarship terms and conditions
- Attends a NSW Public School
- Currently in Year 1
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Evidence of successful transition into the primary school environment and demonstration of capacity to succeed at school
- Have positive attitude towards school and high attendance rates
- Evidence or testimony from the School Principal and the Classroom Teacher
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
A selection panel will review all scholarship applications and assess them against the selection criteria. The selection panel will include representatives of the Public Education Foundation, a donor representative and independent experts. After considering all applications, the selection panel will recommend the selected applicants for the approval of the Public Education Foundation’s Board.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Primary School Scholarship, students can access the link to the online portal via the Foundation’s website – http://www.publiceducationfoundation.org.au/scholarships
Please note that all applications are now received via the Foundation’s online portal. You will need to sign up for a FluidReview account to access the form.
Prior to starting your application, you should compile the following information ready to submit:
- Applicant details including:
- full name
- date of birth
- phone number
- Residence status
- Parent/guardian details (at least one but up to two)
- phone number
- relationship to student
- email address
- School details:
- name of school
- principal name
- School Point of Contact – the person at the school who you would like correspondence sent to – name, phone number and email
- Basic information about you / your family:
- highest education qualification of your immediate family
- whether you are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, or Pacific or South Sea Islander
- if you are from a Non-English Speaking Background
- country of origin of your parents and yourself
- which languages you speak and are spoken at home
- whether you have been in out-of-home care
- socio-economic background
- how you found out about the scholarship
- A statement from the applicant’s parent/carer regarding why the applicant is a suitable candidate for this scholarship and how they meet each of the selection criteria.
- A copy of all pages of your most recent school report ready to upload (PDF)
- A personal reference (PDF or Word format, maximum 400 words)
- A reference from your Principal (PDF or Word format, maximum 400 words)
Note for Principals: Please be aware that your reference is a critical component of the application form and your feedback is given considerable weight in the process of panel deliberations. The panels are looking for feedback that goes well beyond simple confirmation that the student is enrolled in your school, or that you endorse the application.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you have finalized your application and all elements are complete (including references as required) you can submit it for review.
Applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Tuesday 24 October 2017.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Call the Public Education Foundation on 02 9266 8452 or email us.